Friday, December 14, 2012

Spirited Away

Histmo Blog Post #1: Spirited Away~

So we watched Spirited Away during HISTMO today... 
DFDFVASDFASDFASDF IT WAS SO GOOD!

Also, during the movie i managed to analyze a few things about it's animation, story and how much it touched me. 

I don't know why, but it's movies like this with such a starting and such an ending that moves me. Stories that start of with child or any character getting lost and then going back into reality at the end at moves me. Although as what Leslie has said about the many meanings to the movie and how i didn't understand it fully, it really does has the power to attract the movie goers no matter their age which brings me to my next point. How? I think it's because of the very twisted animation. The character design and the super weird scenes. Yup, i think it's mainly because of the twisted character design that attracts the viewers. I also like how they think out of the box. Literally, think out of the box. Humongous babies, big head witches, some weird faceless ghost that acts like a frog and it's mouth is at it's chest. Yup. You don't get that everyday do you? It's weird characters like this that makes people want to find out more about them. 
 I've also noticed how the animator's able to minimize his/her work by using the same background for certain scenes. They're pretty smart in a way i guess. They also tend to repeat certain background in some scenes. This in turns help minimize their work load, i guess it didn't create much of a hassle for them x)
What caught my attention besides it's very twisted animation and funny voice acting's is how they also mixed different type of animations in the movie. 

The simplest type (Although not taken directly from the movie): 
  
To how detailed they can get: 
  
Last but not least. DA SOUND!
I have never seen an anime or a anime movie with such HD and such stereo sound for some reason. Maybe it's just me, or maybe i've forgotten how the sound for 'The Girl Who Lept Through Time' sounded like. Well, i haven't been exposed to much anime movies either. So this anime's sound just does it for me. They made the stomping seem so real and you can literally feel the movements.

I've heard so much hype about it when it came out in 2001 or later through the years but never really gotten a chance to see it. And i now agree to what Leslie said about it outgrossing 'Titanic' in Japan. It was so good! 2 thumbs up!

-Shaun-
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment